Saturday 28 May 2011

Why Old Folks Love Line Dance

My colleagues had persuaded me to sign-up for line dance organised by the office healthy workplace committee. I was hesitant as I felt that line dance was those boring folk/country dance enjoyed by old folks. In the end, I signed up just to have some form of exercise. I was surprised to find myself enjoying it. Why? Line dance has revolved over the years. It is no longer those slow boring folk dance. It integrated many other modern dances such as hip-hop, rock & roll, waltz, jazz, rumba etc.

You do work out your cardio for those fast music and work out your brain as you would need to remember your steps. It also used pop songs. It was fun to dance in a group and laughed together for the mistakes made. Now I understand why the old folks in my office simply love line dance. With the changes, it is slowly drawing younger age group people.

The video is just one example of pop song integrated with line dance. People simply just feel that they can dance like a professional.


Nobody but you!
choregraphed by Emily Woo

No comments:

Post a Comment